Friday, September 4, 2009


This is the cover of the new Skateboarder Magazine- Lance Mountain, frontside invert on the ladder in his backyard. This is the first time I've shot something specifically for another skateboard magazine, let alone a cover, since I got a job at Thrasher in 1990. "I always wanted the cover of Skateboarder", Lance told me. "Could you shoot this for them?" I guess I could, I don't work for High Speed anymore. It felt strange then and it feels strange now. But it was Lance Mountain asking- what you going to say? I do like that they used their old cover font.

5 comments:

hutch73 said...

epic in every way.

Rusty Knuckles said...

bad ass!

Sam Ashley said...

Hey Lance, this is fucking sick, good job!

Raymond Molinar said...

nice one dawes!

classic!

Fernando Elvira said...

Fantastic photo and a very beautiful blog overall, amigo.