Monday, October 26, 2009

Sinisa Egelja RIP


Sin, as most people knew him, was a photographer and Airwalk icon. He just passed away- no real details yet. I've always thought he was one of the pioneers in skate photography, shooting for Poweredge back in the late 80's early 90's. I meet him only once, a few years ago at the Glendale skatepark. He approached me and knew my name- I was totally honored. He said he had seen my photos over the years and thought I was doing a good job- wow. When I started Slap I modeled it after Thrasher and Poweredge and was inspired by photographers likes Mofo, Sleeper, Xeno, Scott Needham and Sin. I found some photos online (brainwashvictim.com) that Sin shot, here you go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Sin's sister Sonja. I have given details of Sin's death at Skate Shoe Designer Sinisa Egelja dies at boardistan. I have heaps of stuff coming my way and I want to share it with evrey one

My whole family has taken Sin's death hard.....

MY REGARDS.........My email address is
SonjaEgeljaWilsonWatterson@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Sin's sister Sonja. I have given details of Sin's death at Skate Shoe Designer Sinisa Egelja dies at boardistan. I have heaps of stuff coming my way and I want to share it with evrey one

My whole family has taken Sin's death hard.....

MY REGARDS.........My email address is
SonjaEgeljaWilsonWatterson@hotmail.com